The following are generic instructions for making your PCB design suitable for automated assembled PCB operational test systems. It is always best to check with your manufacturer to ensure there are no requirements specific to their test system.
- 1 test pad per voltage/potential to be monitored
- All pads on the same face of the PCB.
- Test pad diameter : 0,8mm / 1mm / 1,2mm.
- Minimum distance between pads : 2,05mm.
- 2 “locatings” 3mm in diameter 5mm at least from the PCB edge in opposite corners.
- For testing a command bus, include 33 Ohm resistors on the PCB.
- Include test pads for processor clocks.